Yes, Cool Readers, we want a huge family and we want it as soon as possible! My Lent break from the usual Facebook and email activity left me with some pretty clear perspectives on this.
Check out my Post-Lent Rant:
- I’m sick of letting 80% of my conversations come through Facebook and email.
- I’m sick of looking to the iPad to sing songs with me and speak truth over my life.
- I’m sick of praying by myself too much as if my relationship with God has nothing to do with others.
- I’m sick of learning and hearing stories from books or online rather than in person.
- I’m sick of pretending I can do everything myself.
- I’m sick of being thought of only in the roles of wife and mother.
- I’m sick of letting my interior thoughts become a god.
- I’m sick of being a cold, uncompassionate person who never cries.
I wish that I could report that we had an ultra-cool New Years Eve like partying with celebrities or on the moon. Instead, we put the kids down around 7, Cool Mum watched a movie with her mom while I played on the iPad, and the Cool ‘Rents went to bed at 10:30. [-5 cool points] We woke up relieved to see that the world had not screeched to a halt due to an unexpected Y2K12 bug.
Before I plow ahead with another year of questionable ideas and immature jokes (chicken butt), I wanted to take a quick look at 2011 and see if I could come up with an overall personal theme (I’m not speaking for CM here) to the year. Continue reading
We’re pulling our traditional double duty in Florida right now, enjoying quality family time in the warm weather. Over the last few days, we doubled our caloric intake in case a freak blizzard snowed us under at home. Or maybe it was because there are 154 times as many Chick fil-As in the state of Florida (154) as there are in New York (1). Continue reading