To mark the height of summer, here’s the most summer video we could muster. Despite the cool multiplier of setting up a Slip ‘N Slide in Central Park, this is actually in the Cool Grandparents’ verdant backyard in Florida.
I won’t make you wait any longer lest you explode. Here’s the Father’s Day outfit the Cool Bros picked out for me at JCPenney!
As you can see, they combined several approaches to ‘cool’ in this ensemble. Starting from the ground up:
- The sandals keep my toes cool, freeing them from the heat-trapping confines of closed-toe shoes.
- The khaki shorts provide a populist cool in that everyone’s wearing them.
- The Star Wars shirt plays on the new paradigm that geek culture is cool. (And of course, is there any cooler spacecraft than the one that made the Kessel Run in less than TWELVE parsecs?)
- The newsboy hat tops it off with some old school cool. I’ve long looked for a personal hat style. Can this work?
So now you can enjoy your Father’s Day in peace and harmony. And don’t forget to enter to win a $50 JCP gift card for yourself!
Thanks again to JCPenney for the fun project and new duds!
First of all, don’t leave here without entering to win a $50 JCPenney gift card! Check the widget at the end.
As promised, here’s Part Deux of our Father’s Day extravaganza at JCPenney. Last time, the Cool Bros scoured the store for the coolest possible Father’s Day outfit. Now, we jump right into the essential trope of any ugly duckling-type comedy: the rapid-fire montage of wardrobe changes.
Two things you should know:
1. All clothing choices were strictly made by the Cool Bros. I did not try to sway their decisions. I hope that’s obvious.
2. Although JCPenney made this post possible, all opinions are my own.
Despite the endless options, the Bros were able to come to a consensus that narrowly exceeded the $50 gift card JCP gave us. However, the store associate, who kindly helped us after closing time, rang up a 20% off coupon that took us under the limit. What already seemed like good prices got even better.
I wasn’t sure of what JCPenney had to offer going in, but I was impressed. Between the sales and coupons – a rare combo in New York shopping – we’ll definitely make a trip to the store in Herald Square, just a few subway stops away. As well, I recommend checking out your local store for your Father’s Day shopping.
Make sure to celebrate a little bit of Father’s Day with us and stop in for the big reveal on Sunday!
But there’s more!
JCPenney has provided us with a $50 gift card to give to one lucky Cool Reader. You too can let your kids, friend, mailman, or stranger you meet in the parking lot dress you! Or style yo’self. Either way, this is a superb prize.
Use the widget below to enter. The contest ends June 26. And apologies to our international readers and those in high, middle, elementary, and pre school: The winner must be a U.S. resident at least 18 years of age. Good luck!