Yesterday marked 13 years of the Cool Marriage! Here’s a snapshot from the wedding video, which we watched with the Cool Bros last night.
On the blessed day, Cool Mum was about to turn 22, and I was 25. I wonder what the 2002 editions of ourselves would think if they knew what they were really getting into, including:
- Cross-country band trips in an un-air-conditioned truck
- Unfairly cheap trips to Europe
- Buying a house and its requisite yard work
- Having a baby
- Leaving everything to try NYC
- Staying here
- Living in tiny apartments
- Living with roommates
- Losing my job
- Having another baby
- Floating around Florida for half-a-year not knowing where we should live
- Committing to NYC
- A lot more moving
On one hand, it’s hard to believe 13 years have flown by. But as we recount the plot twists in the story, in a way it doesn’t seem like enough. Regardless, I pray for many more with my cool, beautiful bride at my side.