Yes, Cool Readers, we want a huge family and we want it as soon as possible! My Lent break from the usual Facebook and email activity left me with some pretty clear perspectives on this.
Check out my Post-Lent Rant:
- I’m sick of letting 80% of my conversations come through Facebook and email.
- I’m sick of looking to the iPad to sing songs with me and speak truth over my life.
- I’m sick of praying by myself too much as if my relationship with God has nothing to do with others.
- I’m sick of learning and hearing stories from books or online rather than in person.
- I’m sick of pretending I can do everything myself.
- I’m sick of being thought of only in the roles of wife and mother.
- I’m sick of letting my interior thoughts become a god.
- I’m sick of being a cold, uncompassionate person who never cries.
Now, before you ship us off to Babies “R” Us for the jumbo pack of diapers, let me clarify what we mean by having a huge family around.
Life is short, and we’re not leaning in the direction of more Cool Babies right now. We also feel that we are supposed to stay where we are.
So, the fastest way we can see to get a humungous family is to invite friends/family to move closer, get to know more neighbors, and get some Cool Roomies again. There are way too many blessings in here to just keep within the four members of this family!